Tuesday, October 9, 2007

IMPROVING & MARKETING YOUR BLOG

Where is this Blogging headed? Hard to say, but I want to be a part of it.

I have been reading a lot lately about how to market your Blog. “Buzz Marketing with Blogs FOR DUMMIES”, $24.95 at most book retailers, is a great primer. This book took me, the uninitiated, through the entire process of considering a name, a hosting site, content, good Blogging manners, HTML, and much more in short order. As well, there are numerous Blog Marketing sites with helpful hints. The best tip I have heard to date is to simply start Blogging and Blog regularly. Listed below are several other hints which I hope are helpful to you.

Subscribing to, reading, and contributing meaningfully, to other Blogs, is an excellent way to expand your own sites presence. By meaningfully, I mean not saying “Great Blog”, or “Yea I agree”. Take the time to participate in the discussion by being thoughtful; share your knowledge and experiences.

Another technique is to add your site to blog registries. There are many out there broken down by subject and content. When you add to your site, the post is included in the body of the Registries and depending on how the reader is registered, forwarded to them. The RSS feed is another option. I have declined RSS at this time because I want people to come to my site, not read the post in their email. I think this is how it works. Stay tuned.

Finally, when possible contribute as a guest blogger. This takes some looking to find sites willing to allow others to contribute. Most will require you to register.

Please feel free to share your thoughts and advice. I won’t censor any material unless it is crude.

NoShotScott

No comments: