Sunday, October 12, 2008

FLOOR PLANS, VALUE ADDED

About 2 years ago I was looking for something to set me apart from other listing agents. One new service I offered was to do floor plans for all listings above $120,000 =/-. I don’t think I have a set rule for this, yet. When I’m in a listing meeting going over what I offer, the seller’s see the value. When showing my listings, I always ask what their impression is of the floor plans and it has consistently been something the buyer considered of value. I haven’t been able to tie a sale directly to the floor plans but have been told by the buyer, more than once at settlement, that they’re appreciative; to able to refer back to them when considering which home they would ultimately choose.
When a property has a large lot it is useful to define the boundaries’ and where the buildings are positioned. The average time to prepare a final plan is an hour or two depending upon the size of the home and it takes me 2 visits to get it right. I find this therapeutic.
I am a creature of habit and use Corel Draw, although there are many good CAD programs out there for a very reasonable price. I have one but prefer the old way.
I also prepare a binder which is positioned on the kitchen counter or someplace where it won’t be overlooked. I ordered RE/MAX silver embossed, leather binders from a supplier which includes the listing sheet, disclosures, monthly utility costs, floor plans, plot plans, regional RE/MAX sales comparisons, personal information, and more depending upon the need.
When a seller is considering a service in a listing presentation the level of professionalism may make a difference.
NoShotScott
Scott J. Fonner
http://www.sfonner.com/
http://www.valuemypahome.com/

No comments: